Monday 26 May 2014

Your Presence is Your Absence

You are not here
But I do not forget you
You pervade my every day


You are in the morning sun
But I do not make you toast
I cannot kiss your waking face

You are in the fold of my arms
But I do not feel your warmth
I cannot hold you close

You are in the playground 
But I do not push your swing
I cannot hear you laugh

You are in the little girl's smile
But I do not feel your joy
I cannot share your glee

You are in my old wedding dress
But I do not see you twirl
I cannot make it fit

You never shed any tears
And I do not wipe them away
I cannot make you better

You are in my mother's soul
As she ages and changes
But you cannot share her life

You are in my past, present and future
In my pain, and in my joy
You are everywhere, and yet nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment